Monday, June 11, 2012

Say What You Mean & Do What You Say.....

Okay so if you read my last post you know that I after months and month declared to my roommate that I have feelings for him. Long story short he called me and we talked a few minutes and he said that I should not feel awkward about how I feel because the feelings I feel are reciprocated and that he would like to take me to dinner to further talk about things. I was SHOCKED never in my mind did I think he had feelings for me too. So we planned to have dinner tonight and talk about things.

I wake up this morning and run into him in the kitchen and he basically says he needs to rain check because hes got other stuff going on and maybe tomorrow we can do lunch or something. I was calm, cool and collected about it and said yeah sure that's fine whenever with a smile. I then said we dont have to have some fancy dinner to talk about things just whenever you get sometime we can talk about it here at the house. He then said sorry about having to rain check blah blah blah.

While this dinner meant alot in my head and I knew there was alot at stake I was going to put myself out there and be open and honest. There was no way in hell I would cancel or rain check something like that but he did. The simple answer is it just didn't mean as much to him. You would think I would be upset or heartbroken but I am not. I just finished an fantastic run and I expected this type of behavior from him. Ive lived with him 6 months and one thing he is NOT is dependable. As my mom says "say what you mean and do what you say" this is a motto my roomie does not live by. I am in good spirits today and I am looking at it with the thought that I dodged yet another bullet and I am going to keep my head and my hopes held high because I am an AMAZING WOMAN!!!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. Yes you are!!!!!!!! He sounds like he may be "short term fun" but unrealiable = "long term heartache" Have fun girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking of a song.... "No More Words" by Berlin.
    You need to forget Mr. Unreliable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I do have a physical attraction to him no doubt about that but as far as relationship material he is NOT! I think I have just confused my physical attraction to him as having actual feelings.

    ReplyDelete